"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"

"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"
I am training for my first Olympic-distance triathlon: 1 mile swim; 25 mile bike; 6 mile run. This crazy adventure is a fundraiser to honor the endurance and courage of the seniors I work with at the Sno-Valley Senior Center.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Yup, it rained. Yup, I ran.


Well, it was raining when I got home today, all fired up to go for a run. Not any misty, moist air - type rain. Raining. As in you are going to be wet if you stand out here for 3 minutes rain.

So I put on the running shoes, got the kid in the stroller in a rain jacket, and off we went. If I'm going to be sweating anyways, what's a little rain, right? I only saw one other person out there, another runner.

And you know what else? It didn't really rain for 2/3's of the run. Or, maybe I was wet enough at that point I couldn't really tell. In any case I was glad I went.

These next two photos have nothing to do with a triathlon or seniors. It's a gratuitous mom shot. This is my son's favorite trail game. He begs to play it whenever we set out on a jog, and whenever we approach this barrier the plea starts up again. "Mom, can we play Coffee Stand?"


"What would like sir?"
"Here you go sir. Would you like something for your boy?"

Talk about an utter Northwest kid. Thinks nothing of whipping up a foamy latte in the drizzle.


I had the delight of hearing from two friends that they read and enjoyed this blog, and a blushingly proud email from my mama sharing with her friends this blog link (welcome Taiji-ers from Illinois!). It was fun, since most of the time writing this blog feels like a strange combo of private journal and jettisoning my words out into outer space and hoping they land...somewhere! Thanks for reading, and sharing this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment