"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"

"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"
I am training for my first Olympic-distance triathlon: 1 mile swim; 25 mile bike; 6 mile run. This crazy adventure is a fundraiser to honor the endurance and courage of the seniors I work with at the Sno-Valley Senior Center.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day fun


"What'd you do for Labor Day?"

"Eh, not much. Just swam a mile. Then biked eleven. Then threw in a run of 2 miles. In the pouring rain. Just for kicks."


Also, what is with the burgers?! I am not a burger eatin' woman. I mean every once in a while is fine and good and all, but we are more a pinto beans and chicken kind of family. However, in the last week I have gone out of my way to consume not just one, but four cheeseburgers. Or was that five? It all started after the Aquathon, when I insisted that Leif drive me to find a cheeseburger after the race, even though he had packed a perfectly reasonable and healthy dinner. And it seems to have unleashed the beast in me.

I'm whooped after my training-workout-that-was-practically-a-sprint-triathlon, so I'm tuckin in early. Hope you were pleased with your Labor Day fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment