"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"

"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"
I am training for my first Olympic-distance triathlon: 1 mile swim; 25 mile bike; 6 mile run. This crazy adventure is a fundraiser to honor the endurance and courage of the seniors I work with at the Sno-Valley Senior Center.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Countdown: 6 days and $565

Well, folks. I'm in the final chute.

I've got butterflies as I sit here and type.

6 days. In 6 short days I'll be getting up at 5am, lucky if I slept at all the night before, choking down some breakfast on my stomach twisted in a knot from nerves.

In 6 days I hope to celebrate that I have raised my goal for and in honor of the senior volunteers of this great place.

If you've been meaning to make a donation - now would be a good time :-). You can click to the left there, and it will take you to a secure site.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment