"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"

"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"
I am training for my first Olympic-distance triathlon: 1 mile swim; 25 mile bike; 6 mile run. This crazy adventure is a fundraiser to honor the endurance and courage of the seniors I work with at the Sno-Valley Senior Center.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm halfway to my fundraising goal!!

Whoot! You all just bumped me over halfway to my total fundraising goal. We've now raised $1,761 in honor of the senior volunteers here. THANK YOU!!!

And thanks too for all your supportive comments and cheers. I am at the point in training where it just seems like a LOT and my body is a wee bit tired as I push it toward higher strength and power. What a difference it makes when I read your encouraging words, or when you mention you've read my blog and it inspired you to do your PT. We are all on this adventure toward health and well-being together.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

(Only $1,740 to go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment