"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"

"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"
I am training for my first Olympic-distance triathlon: 1 mile swim; 25 mile bike; 6 mile run. This crazy adventure is a fundraiser to honor the endurance and courage of the seniors I work with at the Sno-Valley Senior Center.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Last workout

Last workout before my triathlon tonight. A nice easy swim.

After babbling to my swim buddy nonstop on the way there about every neurosis and anxiety I'm experiencing - I haven't trained enough, I started the taper too soon, my legs won't carry me that far, I didn't do enough training on hills, I didn't stretch enough and now my hips will be too tight, I think I felt a little tweak in my knee yesterday, on and on...

It was lovely to slip into the cold water and into silence. With the rhythmic easy stroking, rolling to my side to breathe, the words came to me.

Yes. I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment