"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"

"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"
I am training for my first Olympic-distance triathlon: 1 mile swim; 25 mile bike; 6 mile run. This crazy adventure is a fundraiser to honor the endurance and courage of the seniors I work with at the Sno-Valley Senior Center.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Race night ramblings

A few things running through my mind tonight, in completely nonsensical order:

1. My 'wave' starts at 9:20 tomorrow, so if you were planning on coming, you could count on delaying your planned departure by 20 minutes and still see me.

2. Just found out that the swim start is a 'water start', which means all the racers are treading water in the water when the bell goes off. Having all those bodies suddenly go from vertical to horizontal should be interesting.

3. I didn't get to do any yoga or stretching today.

4. Donations continue to come in! Wow. Thank you.

5. I am profoundly ready for this race and experience tomorrow.

And finally, this, from a local senior center volunteer and fellow triathlete, Robyn:

"You will do awesome and have a wonderful time! You can dedicate each mile to one of your Seniors to help you through. "This one is for Mary, she would be so proud of me." "Bill would expect me to pick it up right here!" It's amazing how the thoughts of the people who have supported you and who you are supporting will get you through."

Thanks, all, for being part of this journey with me. You'll be with me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment