"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"

"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"
I am training for my first Olympic-distance triathlon: 1 mile swim; 25 mile bike; 6 mile run. This crazy adventure is a fundraiser to honor the endurance and courage of the seniors I work with at the Sno-Valley Senior Center.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I do more than running!

Wow, just glanced at my previous posts and realized that if you didn't read the heading, it would seem I'm training for a marathon and not a triathlon. I have indeed been bicycling...took a great 2 hour jaunt out pulling my son in the trailer and then a relaxed family outing with all three of us on bikes.





My training buddy

Next week I have signed up for a LunaChix swim/bike combined workout (called a 'brick' workout in triathlon-lingo), and THEN I went ahead and signed up for Islander Aquathon, an evening swim/run race. These all help in building my confidence and endurance for 'going long' for my Olympic Distance triathlon.

Swimming has been a bit more challenging to get training in for, since I need to both get someone to watch my son and someone to watch me (or swim with me!) and get access to a lake. Happily, some fellow local triathletes have stepped forward to help, so expect to see some more reports on my swimming training moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment