"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"

"Aging is an Endurance Sport... I'm just trying to keep up!"
I am training for my first Olympic-distance triathlon: 1 mile swim; 25 mile bike; 6 mile run. This crazy adventure is a fundraiser to honor the endurance and courage of the seniors I work with at the Sno-Valley Senior Center.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Done.

Three hours and 08 minutes.
Swim was my best ever, bike was consistent but long (hilly), run was H-A-R-D. Had a crew of seniors cheering me at the end of the bike and through the run, and that helped me a lot during the run.
I finished. I finished and I did it.

Longer (probably much much longer) post coming later with pics. For now I am going to pour myself onto the couch and sip my protein drink.

YEAY ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment